Youtube Queuer Update – 09.03.2017

Hello there. Today I’m gonna give a quick update regarding the Youtube Queuer.

Finished issues

I added the “Watch later” list to the playlists list, which is a step towards the target of the project. Adding newest videos to it works correctly.
Also, I’ve ehanced the subscriptions fetching – now it fetches all the user’s subscriptions. Before that, it only loaded first 50 subscriptions, as this is the limit for one Youtube API call.

Started work

On side branch, I have added a tests project. I’ve chosen the NUnit framework for it, as I am the most familiar with it, so I am very comfortable with using it.

I am also working on saving user preferences – namely, to set which subscriptions should be excluded when adding videos to a chosen playlist.

Also, my friend Michał, suggested to try out Travis CI. I’ve also gave it a shot on the side branch, but as far as the integration goes, I currently have two issues:

  1. The .Web project has some problems during compilation. Travis uses Mono and compatibility table says that both MVC 4 and 5 are supported (without asyncs, but still). I have to look into it. It may be some problem with the .csproj file.
  2. I am not sure whether I can properly test classes, which utilize Youtube API. The problem is with authorization – to obtain access token, a user has to explicitly grant permission for the app, and even then, the token has a lifetime of an hour (default at least). There may be some way to overcome that, but that’s yet to investigate.

That’s it for now, see you next time!


One thought on “Youtube Queuer Update – 09.03.2017

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s